Clear+Brilliant is a gentle laser that stimulates collagen in the epidermis, improving skin tone and texture, and corrects lackluster skin. Clear+Brilliant gives the skin a radiant, youthful glow, and creates a more even skin tone, while reducing the appearance of pores. Clear+Brilliant also helps prevent the signs of aging and maintain younger-looking skin.
To counteract the effects aging can have on your skin, and to prevent skin aging before it starts (in the form of wrinkling and dyspigmentation), Clear + Brilliant refreshes skin tone and texture. This safe, non-invasive and gentle laser treatment helps prevent the visible signs of aging and the overall dulling effects environmental exposure and time can have on your skin, with minimal to no downtime.
Clear+Brilliant was developed by Solta Medical – the same company that created Fraxel resurfacing technology. These treatments are similar, except that Fraxel provides a much more intense treatment which results in many days of downtime. Clear+Brilliant provides less energy per treatment, so that there is minimal downtime, but multiple treatments are required to achieve optimal results.
Routine treatments deliver lasting results that can keep you looking younger for years to come. To keep your skin looking young, the basics of skin prevention include:
- Wearing Sunscreen in all weather
- Wearing a hat in the sun
- A healthy diet and lots of water (No smoking!)
- Topical Vitamin C serum
- Routine laser resurfacing with Clear+Brilliant and Laser Photofacials
Before and After
What is involved in a Clear+Brilliant treatment?
A Typical Clear + Brilliant Treatment:
- Requires about 30 minutes for a complete session
- Involves the application of topical numbing cream to your face prior to treatment to provide additional comfort
- Like all Cosmetic Dermatology procedures in our office, is delivered by Dr. Brozowski, to ensure the utmost in safety, efficacy and uniform application to all treated areas.
- Involves heating the skin to generate collagen. A handheld fan keeps you cool and comfortable.
- Ends with a topical antioxidant serum applied to the skin immediately after treatment. Some patients also like to use an ice pack to cool the face.
What are possible side effects?
- Immediately post-treatment, you may experience redness and mild swelling, but both typically diminish over the next 12 hours
- In the first few days after treatment, you may experience some itchiness or skin sensitivity. Both are indications of the natural renewal process and dissipate a few days after treatment.
- Your skin will start to feel rough in texture a day or two after treatment. This persists until the skin flakes off, revealing younger, smoother skin underneath. We do NOT recommend exfoliation of skin during this time.
- Many typical skin care products can be used immediately after treatment – our aesthetician will talk to you about any products to avoid following treatment
What is the level of discomfort during and after the treatment?
Patients tolerate the treatment comfortably, as our office uses a specially compounded topical numbing cream specifically designed for provide extra comfort. Patients can continue with their typical routine immediately after treatment.